Baked Potato Soup2012-06-29
- Servings : 4
- Ready In : 12m
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) fat-free chicken broth*
- 3 cups cubed cooked potatoes*
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Bacon bits to taste, optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese to taste, optional
Melt butter over medium heat in a 4 1/2-quart or larger pot.
Meanwhile, peel and coarsely chop onion, adding to pot as you chop.
Raise heat to medium-high and cook until onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
Add broth to pot, raise heat to high, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
Meanwhile, cut cooked potatoes into bite-size pieces.
Add potatoes, milk and sour cream to pot, and stir well. (Do not let soup boil once milk is added or it will curdle, so reduce heat if necessary.)
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Serve at once, garnishing with bacon bits and cheese, if desired.
Recipe from Kitchen Scoop®